A faster metabolism = faster fat loss. So how do you boost your metabolism for yourself? Here are 5 tips!
1. Drink MORE water! You hear about water all the time, but did you know that drinking water actually helps burn fat? “Water-induced thermogenesis” is a real thing, and basically, the more water you drink, the faster your resting metabolic rate will be! You can burn 100+ extra cals PER DAY just by drinking enough water (Which is just half your body weight in ounces)!
2. Get enough GOOD sleep! When you sleep, that is when human growth hormone is created and released.. and that is when the body is in an ideal fat burning mode! If you don’t get enough sleep, you are 50% more likely to store fat than someone who gets 7-8 hours! (Thank GOD for C-21 lol!).
3. Lift weights CONSISTENTLY! Lifting weights builds muscle, and the more muscle on your frame, the higher your basal metabolic rate will be! So when you have more muscle, just breathing will burn more cals! Lifting 3x a week is all you need to reap these benefits.
4. Get micronutrient rich! Having a body that is loaded with micronutrients is critical for up regulating fat loss! You NEED sufficient micronutrients in order to metabolize your macros! And micronutrients stabilize hormones and keep evil cortisol from hindering your fat loss!
5. STRESS LESS!!! This is the hardest one for me lol. But for real, the more stress you have, the more that cortisol can blunt fat loss! This is called gluconeogenesis, and this is BAD news bears! Stress can literally kill you.. so really focus on relaxing and having down time when you can. Also, be sure to take DEEP, big breathes every now and then. Shallow breathing tells the body that you are in a stressful scenario, and it can offset hormones!
So these are ALL things that I have focused on when I first started cutting! And I definitely noticed a night & day difference! I know we focus a lot on nutrition.. training.. calories.. but there is SO MUCH MORE to the story when it comes to priming your body for fat loss!